Monday, July 6, 2009

Foundation of this Blog

My blog will make me sound like a frickin 80 year old grandma. However, I consider myself a youngin. I am breaking out of college soon, and entering the world of molding little minds in middle school.

I'm beginning a blog about something that I find rather enjoyable, yet frustrating at the same time--I hope to also spark the interests of others. I love sewing, quilting, and other similar crafts (yeah, call me an old lady). I felt skeptical about starting this at first, until I searched numerous blogs all about sewing, and crafting such as http://blog.craftzine.com/ and http://www.crazyshortcutquilts.com/margueritas-blog/ . I was amazed. I realized, people like to share their ideas and talent because people like recognition. I admit, I want to be humble, but when I make a quilt, a table runner, or a grocery store bag storage holder (yes, that's the name I'm giving it), I NEED to show it off. Look what I made! Look what I made! Yet, somewhere along the way of my search, I understood that people share their creativity for many more reasons than other than to brag. They want to teach others, discuss resourceful stores or brands, and keep journals of their makings. I enjoy how these blogs show numerous pictures and even videos of how to do projects. I want to grow into another branch on this tree.

I originally thought that keeping a blog about crafting would be...I'll just say it--boring, and let’s be real here…reading about my quilting isn’t exactly an adrenaline booster, unless if you want to hear about the time I sliced the tip of my finger off with a rotary cutter. True story; my finger was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I made the cut; goodbye finger tip, hello blood! So then I told myself, "shup up and blog already!"

And here I am. I'm blogging about sewing. It will primarily focus on sewing supplies, stores, and projects. I may extend to other crafts. I will drag you down memory lane with me and tell you how I started my crafting crazes. I will continue my blog with research of fabric/sewing/craft stores around the Tampa area, displaying some of my own sewing/craft projects, and walking people through the do-it-yourself steps, and giving my commentary on the creation of things.

Can I pull it off? Probably…yet my main concern is…can I keep it entertaining? Damn boring hobbies of mine! However, I'm quite amused to have entered this online community of sewing bloggers!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on "Powder Room" I found your critique interesting and honest. I taught middle school for 32 years and I wouldn't trade that age for any other. I hope you find them the right fit for you. We need good teachers who care, especially for tweens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of quilty blogging! I'm looking forward to seeing what you post. Thanks for swinging by my blog!

    ReplyDelete